It all began with John Sawyer, who advertised his portrait photography services from his home at 4 Grove Road, Norwich, in 1849.
In 1854, he leased premises at 32 London Street, Norwich, and in 1863 employed 19-year-old Albert Edward Coe to manage the company. In 1883 Albert Edward Coe bought the business, and the original studio was used until 2005.
Andrew, the current owner of the business, is Albert Edward Coe’s great-grandson. He has achieved many national and international portrait awards, along with being chosen to be the Portrait Photographer for the British Olympic Team in Barcelona and Atlanta.